Are you a member of a church and working in scientific research or study? If so, you’re invited to apply to join the Church Scientific workshops. These will provide four intensive evenings of learning and discussion – with the challenge to think about your own scientific work in the light of philosophical and theological perspectives. There will be recommended reading, group discussions and tasks to work on and share with others. At the end you’ll have the option of signing up to give a short talk in one of the science cafes.
Why should I come to the workshops?
Commit to the November workshops and you can look forward to:
- Stimulating discussions with other Christian scientists looking into the sources of scientific ideas and the nature of progress
- Training in transferable skills, including speaking to non-specialists, creating visually-intuitive slides and posters, scientific apologetics and applying a philosophical approach to whatever you work on
- Support in exploring how your faith might combine with your scientific work to yield fresh insights
- Free refreshments at all the events
- A book token if you end up presenting in one of the science cafes
- The opportunity to present in the Church Scientific conference or other forums and see your ideas making an impact with others
- Networking opportunities that may enhance your career
- The unique chance to be part of a ground-breaking national project that is already attracting media attention in Christian and secular circles.
Do you need more reasons? Read some of the commendations…
Ready to sign up? Go to the workshops page.